Genesys Works – Twin Cities Welcomes Over 250 Class 6 Young Professionals

Every year Genesys Works strives to provide more opportunities to deserving students throughout the Twin Cities, and with the percentage of Minnesota students on Free and Reduced Lunch at above 38%, we know more and more students are in need of a meaningful internship experience and a jump start towards a career in the economic mainstream. The first year Genesys Works opened its doors in the Twin Cities, it welcomed 16 students from three Saint Paul high schools to start summer training, but through successful results and an innovative funding model, the program has grown dramatically every year since 2008.

This year, Genesys Works - Twin Cities received a record 715 applications from current high school juniors throughout the Twin Cities. 460 of those students took the next step and showed up to either the Genesys Works or Accenture offices to interview with a Genesys Works staff member. During these interviews students shared their passions, the barriers they have overcome in their lives and their dreams and aspirations for the future. Most importantly, they expressed their desire for success and why they wanted to invest 14 months and over 1200 hours in summer training and internships with Genesys Works.

From that group over 250 students were selected to join GWTC Class 6 and participate in summer training. These students will train in one of 12 classrooms in either downtown Saint Paul or downtown Minneapolis and in one of two technical tracks, Genesys Works’ traditional training in Information Technology or our new pilot program in Business Operations. They will also learn the professional skills needed to successfully navigate the corporate world, make lasting relationships with classmates and staff and try new things!

This group of students is not only the largest, but also the most diverse group in Genesys Works – Twin Cities’ history. Students come from 38 different high schools throughout the metro area, including five new partner schools. Genesys Works has continued its expansion westward, and 45% of the students are coming from Minneapolis and the west metro, with the remaining 55% coming from Saint Paul. This year we also saw an increase in the number of applications from male students, and a record 50% of accepted students are male. 33% of Class 6 students are Hmong, 23% African American, 13% are African Immigrants, 10% Hispanic and 7% are Asian.

We are thrilled to welcome Class 6 to Genesys Works –Twin Cities and watch another generation of young professionals break through! If you’re interested in volunteering to help with summer training, contact Andrea Satter at

1 comment:

  1. This is so exciting! Congratulations on the successful recruitment this year as well!