First Class of Students Graduate From College


This spring marked a significant milestone for the Genesys Works – Twin Cities office: our first group of students graduated from college and earned their bachelor’s degrees. Of the 11 original members of Genesys Works – Twin Cities' Class 1, five have graduated and we are so proud of each of them!  Read on to hear about their accomplishments and what’s next for these outstanding individuals.

Juan Puentes
Juan graduated from Hamline University with a bachelor's degree in business management.

How has Genesys Works helped you to reach your goals?
Genesys Works has kept me focused on my goals. They gave me a career path and the ambition to further myself. They have supported me all though my college years and also provided me with the networking skills to obtain my job at Ecolab.

What are you planning to do in the future?
Continue working for Ecolab and hopefully rise within the company.

What advice do you have for Genesys Works students in college?
Do not lose sight of your goals. Remember why you chose to go to college in the first place. Don't give up so easily when it gets hard. Look for resources on campus and Genesys Works will always be there to provide any kind of support. Even other Genesys Works alumni will support you.

Kouly Moua
Kouly recently celebrated her upcoming graduation from the University of MinnesotaDuluth with a Bachelor of Arts, with a double major in anthropology and biology.
How has Genesys Works helped you to reach your goals?
The things I've learned while in Genesys Works have had a great impact on me, especially throughout my college career. Without the teachings and the help of Genesys Works in our acts of professionalism and our preparations for the future, I would not have had the experiences I received in college. I would not have had the confidence to reach out to other students and campus staff, and I certainly would not have been involved in campus life. But most importantly, I would not even be in college without the help of Genesys Works. The skills I've obtained through the program have given me the means to make connections of worth and value. Genesys Works’ goal and ambition to reach out to students in need is outstanding and I hope this program will continue to impact the lives of many more students. 

What are you planning to do in the future?
I will officially be done in December. I hope to find work after college in the botany, horticulture and ecology areas. Attending graduate school is an option that I am also considering. I have my sights on a school in Saint Louis, Missouri.

What advice do you have for Genesys Works students in college?
Although studying is your number one priority, don't forget to have fun! Get involved with campus organizations. There are so many people to meet and they have so many stories to share. Money management is also going to be hard, so budget wisely. 


Pa Yong Xiong
Pa graduated from Hamline University with a bachelor’s degree in business administration with a major in management, a conflict studies certificate, and a communication studies minor.

How has Genesys Works helped you to reach your goals?
Genesys Works staff helped me figure out the steps to getting into college and gave me the necessary support to be successful. They connected me with amazing opportunities and made sure that they are involved in my life. 

What are you planning to do in the future?
I truly believe that having a higher education can change lives. I plan to work in higher education in advocating and educating students on how to achieve their educational dream and goals and work towards closing the educational gap for students who are at a disadvantage. Eventually my plan is to go to grad school for administration and policy making in higher education. 

What advice do you have for Genesys Works students in college?
My advice for college students is that there are many different ways to get somewhere. To some, it's the experience gained along the way, for others, it doesn't matter how you get there, as long as you get there. For me, it is the experience and connections I made and gained throughout my years that shaped me into who I am and got me where I wanted to be. Every little detail creates a larger picture, every little interaction you have creates a new relationship and every moment molds you into the person you are. Make sure to reflect plenty and redirect when needed. College years will fly by - just like high school but a little faster this time so enjoy the ride. 

Sou Yang
Sou graduated from Hamline University with a Bachelor of Arts in business administration with a focus on finance.

How has Genesys Works helped you to reach your goals?
For me, Genesys Works was the first step that made me who I am today. Genesys Works helped me with my computer skills and expanded my interest into the finance field. Also, I learned about myself. I think the big part about the program is discovering who I am and building my self-confidence. Lastly, Genesys Works allowed me to make more friends and connections that translated into career exploration.

What are you planning to do in the future?
My next step after college is to find a full-time job and build my professional work experience. However, I am confident that at least within four years, I will continue toward earning my M.B.A.

What advice do you have for Genesys Works students in college?
Genesys Works students who are currently in college or going to college should remember that you all can achieve your dreams. There are obstacles, challenges, and achievements laying ahead of you all but believe in yourself and work hard. These are the keys to success in life. I firmly believe that the future is in your hands if you decide it. I am very excited for all of you and your future.

Kwame Collins
Kwame graduated from Augsburg College with a Bachelor of Arts, with a double major in psychology and law with a minor in religion. 











We congratulate these first five members of Genesys Works Class 1 on their graduation from college.  We look forward to all you will accomplish in the years ahead.

1 comment:

  1. This is very interesting hearing their success stories. I can't wait to meet them. :)

    ReplyDelete